Hiring: Member Services Coordinator
||Member Services Coordinator
||Director of Operations
||Commensurate on experience
||Part-time, 25-30 hours/week
Qualified candidates should send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Actively accepting applications
The The Faster Payments Council (FPC) is a business organization whose goal is to drive adoption of a world-class payment system, where Americans can safely and securely pay anyone, anywhere, at any time and with near-immediate funds availability. Its members represent all the major stakeholders in the U.S. payments system, including financial institutions, business end-users, networks, payment processors, academics, consumer groups, etc. The FPC will be hiring an individual as the Member Services Coordinator to coordinate the day-to-day activities of FPC work groups, and who will be responsible for a variety of other member engagement activities. This individual will be instrumental in ensuring consistent and effective member satisfaction in order to enhance member organizations’ experience with the FPC.
The Member Services Coordinator will report directly to the FPC’s Director of Operations but will work closely with the FPC’s Executive Director, Director of Marketing & Communications, and the FPC membership to drive member satisfaction and a high-level of member engagement across all FPC member segments.
This is a part time, virtual position; the successful candidate will work from home as part of a remote team. Candidates should have experience working with member-driven associations or multi-faceted organizations and familiar with balancing competing interests resulting from reporting into multiple decision-makers. The position may require periodic travel to attend meetings and events, though all company travel is currently halted due to the pandemic.
The position includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities.
- Promptly and efficiently handle member questions, concerns, and requests for information.
- Coordinate new member applications, welcome packets, and related membership information.
- Support member renewal process mailings and maintain a database on member status.
- Maintain and update membership tracking, ensure data is up-to-date and accurate by updating records/profiles, membership information, and membership status changes in collaboration systems.
Work Group Support:
- Provide weekly support as needed for work groups.
- Schedule working group meetings and assist with calendaring tasks.
- Prepare meeting agendas and presentations using the Council’s standard templates.
- Distribute agendas and supporting materials in advance of meetings as necessary.
- Host group meetings, take minutes/meeting summary, and track attendance.
- Post materials and minutes/meeting summary to the appropriate online destination.
- Manage the work group rosters on the group’s collaboration platform.
The ideal candidate to become the FPC’s Member Services Coordinator has 2-4 years of related experience, ideally in a trade association or customer service environment. Additionally, this candidate possesses the following:
- Developed organizational skills and an ability to wear multiple hats in an ambiguous, fast-moving environment.
- Finely tuned interpersonal skills, ability to treat others courteously and with sensitivity, able to promptly respond to customer needs and able to solicit member feedback to improve overall service.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to routinely synthesize discussions into high-level summaries.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook) is required.
- Intermediate experience working with Virtual Meeting Collaboration tools (Zoom, GoToMeeting/Webinar, Basecamp, Microsoft Teams), or equivalent collaboration tools, is strongly desired.
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to balance, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and extreme attention to detail.
- A minimum of an associate degree and/or a combination of accumulative experience in business administration or a related field.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested parties should email email@example.com with the job title in the subject line. Please customize your cover letter to explain how your professional experience is the right fit for this role; extra consideration will be given to those applicants who customize their cover letter and resume to demonstrate how their professional history is a fit for this role. The deadline to apply is November 13, 2020.